Tag Archives: Churches of Washington County GA

Davisboro United Methodist Church, 1926

Davisboro GA Methodist Episcopal Church South United Methodist Gothic Architecture Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2014

You can’t drive past a grand structure like this in a place like Davisboro and not wonder how it came to be here. It’s truly imposing with its rose windows and massive bell tower. Serving today as the United Methodist Church, it was built during the pastorate of C. T. Clark as the Davisboro Methodist Episcopal Church South.  The building committee consisted of J. W. Aldred, Chairman; L. J. Moye, Vice-chairman; C. F. Gibbs, Secretary-Treasurer; T. T. Hattaway; W. C. Northington; Dr. R. L. Taylor; and Dr. J. B. Dillard.

A bronze plaque memorializes Ruth Aldred (14 January 1911 – 20 January 1923), “a child of rare charm and universally beloved

5 Comments

Filed under --WASHINGTON COUNTY GA--, Davisboro GA

Bay Springs Methodist Church, Washington County

Bay Springs Methodist Church Washington County GA Photograph Copyright Brian Brown Vanishing South Georgia USA 2013

2 Comments

Filed under --WASHINGTON COUNTY GA--