Tag Archives: Douglas GA

Georgian Cottage, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

Vickers House, 1908, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

2 Comments

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

Neoclassical Revival House, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

Bone House, 1901, Douglas

The construction date of this house would indicate that it was modified to the Craftsman style at a later date, but I can’t confirm that.

Photo Courtesy The Rogers Studio Collection/Coffee County Historical Society (Early 1920s)

The little girl in the front yard is Ruth Bone. The home is still owned by her two children..

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

2 Comments

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

American Foursquare House, 1900, Douglas

This house appears to be a Foursquare with Colonial Revival elements.

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

Colonial Revival House, 1905, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

Dutch Colonial Revival House, 1924, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

McLean House, 1901, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

McDonald-Williams House, 1911, Douglas

This is a very unusual combination of styles and one of the most interesting houses in Douglas. Mission Revival and Craftsman styles aren’t usually found in any combination, especially such a tasteful one. The home was built for J. N. (Jap) and Ruby McLean McDonald and the lived here until 1925. W. J. and Lila Hooks Williams purchased it in 1926. Two generations of the Williams family remained here for the next 69 years. It was painstakingly restored by Dr. & Mrs. David Arnett in 1996. Thanks to Jim Cottingham for the identification.

Photo Courtesy The Rogers Studio Collection/Coffee County Historical Society (Circa 1911)

Many thanks, as well, to Tom Johnson, for sharing this wonderful image of the house, soon after it was completed. Tom has shared several historic images from Coffee County over the past few years.

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

4 Comments

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA

English Vernacular Revival House, 1930, Douglas

Gaskin Avenue Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

1 Comment

Filed under --COFFEE COUNTY GA--, Douglas GA