Tag Archives: Graymont GA

Brown’s Package Shop, 1944, Twin City

Advertisements

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Graymont GA, Twin City GA

Commercial Block, 1907, Twin City

 

twin city ga commercial block photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

Originally a general merchandise and hardware store, this was later known as Twin City Manufacturing, and Creighton’s, a shirt factory.

Twin City Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Graymont GA, Twin City GA

Livery Stable, Twin City

twin city ga livery stable photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

Twin City Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

2 Comments

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Graymont GA, Twin City GA

Commercial Architecture, Twin City

twin city ga theatre bank photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

The structure on the left is the old Graymont Theatre, and on the right is the Graymont Bank and Post Office, detailed in the previous post.

Twin City Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

4 Comments

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Twin City GA

Graymont Bank & Post Office, 1901, Twin City

graymont ga bank post office photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

Many thanks to Clark Dixon, who owns this and several other historic buildings around Twin City, for graciously sharing  his time and knowledge of the area. Were it not for the commitment to such structures by people like Mr. Dixon, many more of these places would certainly be lost.

Twin City Historic District, National Register of Historic Places

2 Comments

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Graymont GA, Twin City GA

Filling Station, Twin City

twin city ga gas filling station photograph copyright brian brown vanishing south georgia usa 2010

Leave a comment

Filed under --EMANUEL COUNTY GA--, Graymont GA, Twin City GA