Tag Archives: –MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA–

T. A. Blocker’s General Store, Kibbee

This landmark general store was owned by Thomas A. “T. A.” Blocker (1911-1994) for decades and is still operated by his son, Gary. It’s also known today as the place to buy boots in this area and attracts customers from far and wide.

1 Comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

Blocker’s Auto Parts, Kibbee

Leave a comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

Vernacular Cottage, Kibbee

 

Leave a comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

General Store, Kibbee

There was a post office in Kibbee from 1886-1976. Since post offices were often located in stores in the smallest communities, it’s possible that it was located here, but this building was likely long out of service by 1976. It was more likely located at T. A Blocker’s store out on the highway.

Leave a comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

Vernacular House, Kibbee

Leave a comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

Central Hallway Farmhouse, Kibbee

 

1 Comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--, Kibbee GA

Central Hallway Farmhouse, Montgomery County

This farmhouse likely dates to the late 19th century.

Leave a comment

Filed under --MONTGOMERY COUNTY GA--