Tag Archives: Orianna GA

Stock Barn, Orianna

Leave a comment

Filed under --LAURENS COUNTY GA--, Orianna GA

Orianna Baptist Church, Treutlen County

The Orianna Baptist Church was established around 1903. In his excellent, Pieces of Our Past*, Scott Thompson writes: The Baptist Church, through its trustees J.M. Hattaway and J.A. Curry, acquired its first church property from P.M. Johnson on August 21, 1903.

*- Though Scott’s blog is focused on Laurens County history, Orianna is located on the Laurens/Treuten line. The Baptist Church, like the community hall, is located on the Treutlen side.

Leave a comment

Filed under --TREUTLEN COUNTY GA--, Orianna GA

Community Hall, Orianna

This building now serves as the Orianna Community Hall; it was originally a general store.

2 Comments

Filed under --TREUTLEN COUNTY GA--, Orianna GA