Reverend Dennis O’Driscoll began holding services in a brush arbor on the Ellaville-Americus Road in 1860 and that fledgling congregation built this classical structure on land given by the C. B. Strange family in 1871. It is unclear whether the church was named for the Apostle Andrew or for Bishop James O. Andrew, the first Georgian to be elected a bishop.
Original trustees were F. J. Greene, G. H. Walker, J. H. S. Baisden, O. A. Crittenden and C. B. Strange. Reverend John Marshall served as pastor from 1872-1873.
A Sunday School wing was added to the original chapel in 1948.