On the edge of the Bulltown Swamp where Long, McIntosh, and Liberty counties meet, is this cinderblock clubhouse. Though the structure dates to 1956, a group of men from Portal, Georgia, started the Portal Hunting Club in 1900. It’s one of the oldest hunting clubs in Georgia [maybe the oldest].
Tag Archives: South Georgia Hunting Clubs
Trelice Swindell writes: This house was owned by Charles Easterling’s parents….part of it was an original log cabin. Roger Easterling adds: This house was originally owned by Charles Milton Easterling, and then Ernest Easterling. The log cabin portion was built around 1850 according to Charlie Easterling .