Tag Archives: Southernmost Town in Georgia

First Baptist Church, Circa 1909, St. George

historic-first-baptist-church-of-st-george-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2013

This congregation was established in 1909 and the church built soon thereafter.

Leave a comment

Filed under --CHARLTON COUNTY GA--, St. George GA

Georgian Cottage, St. George

st-george-ga-vernacular-house-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2013

Though it’s been slightly modified over the years, this house is a great example of the so-called Cracker-style architecture once common throughout South Georgia and North Florida.

4 Comments

Filed under --CHARLTON COUNTY GA--, St. George GA

U. S. Post Office, St. George

st-george-ga-post-office-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2013

This is Georgia’s southernmost post office.

Leave a comment

Filed under --CHARLTON COUNTY GA--, St. George GA

St. George Elementary School, 1938

st-george-elementary-school-charlton-county-ga-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2013

Built to replace the original St. George School (1910) which was destroyed by fire, St. George Elementary is the southernmost school in Georgia.

st-george-elementary-school-photograph-copyright-brian-brown-vanishing-south-georgia-usa-2012

2 Comments

Filed under --CHARLTON COUNTY GA--, St. George GA